Friday, March 12, 2010

3.10 and 3.11 in Review

Having flu for two continuous days already and I'm half dead by now...

But I believe that with my natural healing power, tomorrow will be a better day? =) lolx~~

Something very interesting happened today in the plant. I was in the engineer's office calculating heat loss when suddenly I heard a loud bursting sound and people running out of the control room into the plant half shouting.

Out of curiosity I just join in the crowd and just in time to see the operator closing the valve at the absorber for the carbon dioxide removal unit.

There's a pool of blue sluggish solution surrounding the absorber. So according to the operators, they claimed that they are isolating the valve but due to hot benfield solution being cooled down at the area near the valve, the solution crystallized and the valve blew off when the steam melts it again due to differential pressure.

Further detail of the incident will be discussed in the meeting tomorrow. Can't wait for it. =p

So we clean up the ground by scooping the solution pail by pail into the empty drum nearby. I wonder how much of the benfield solution is wasted this time. aihz~

Thanks to the operator who climb up to close the valve, the loss is reduced.


*Dried up benfield stain*

Hero of the day: Awg Iksan >.<

No comments:

twitstamp.com