Saturday, June 16, 2007

Rat-catching >.<

First of all, I want to cry first…(T.T) because got scolded from Philip for not updating my blog. Huhu, it’s not that I don’t want to update it. It’s because too many things going on until I don’t know where to start first, so I decided to have a long break before coming back into action….wahaha.

Anyway, I will share my RAT-CATCHING experience here……

(First of all, don’t get the wrong idea, my mum is a very fussy person about cleanliness, so it’s not that our house is dirty or whatsoever. It’s just that we also don’t know where the rat came from..hehe)

Well, anyone who came to my house before will notice that I have a small store room under my staircase. It is four-and-a-half foot tall and two-and-a-half foot wide with a small door. Therefore, anyone who wishes to walk into the storeroom must slightly bend down your head first before entering. Hmm, you can also say that the storeroom may be the most important part of my house because
it’s the place where we store our dry food such as can food, milo packets, biscuits, gas drinks and many more on a rack as well as others such as umbrellas, spade, extra roof tiles, containers, tool boxers and others. (known as our small warehouse DIY store..wakaka)

But on one fine sunny day….

My mum went into the store room to get a new roll of tissue paper only to realize that something long and thin lying on the floor. Therefore, she switch on the store room light and saw that it’s a rat’s tail, hmm, around three inches. Therefore, she suspected that it’s quite a small one. Upon seeing the lights, it quickly look for another darker hideout, between the plastic bags which is darker because rats are afraid of lights. Thus, my mum quickly shut the door and shouted : ‘oh no!!! die-lah this time…not another rat AGAIN!!!’ She quickly check all our food supply and found out a small hole in our Milo packet and a few rat faeces.

For your information, a bigger one went into our storeroom before a few months ago when I’m in UTP. Therefore, only both of my parents manage to capture it after a long long process. Just as I said, our storeroom is the most important part and it REALLY contains lots of stuff. So, to catch THE RAT, means we have to shift out ALL of it. Slowly and systematically, my father is the one hiding in the storeroom with the lights on and shift out all the stuff while searching for the rat. He passed it on to us by opening the door in a small angle so that the rat has no chance of escaping. My mum is in charge of the door where she will open and close it while looking out for the rat while I am the one who arrange those stuff neatly in one corner of the hall so that it’s easier to put it back to its original place.

After half an hour of shifting and searching, our storeroom is almost empty but the rat is nowhere to be seen. My father started to doubt whether my mum really saw a rat or ‘something else’. Haha… He said that the previous rat is easier to catch because it is big in size and it makes a lot of noise while it is running but this little one is light and the possibility of banging into stuffs and making noise is lower. Luckily, at last, he saw the rat between the rack and the wall. Therefore, a strong hit with a wooden stick, the rat is finally defeated without much struggling. Hehe… then, it is wrapped in a plastic bag. My father came out of the storeroom with the rat, victory in hand. Wakaka, with no sense of guilt, he again smash the rat against the floor hardly just to take revenge of all the trouble we had to go through to look for it. Haha, after that, into the toilet bowl it goes…and got washed away!!! Yippie…

Turned to take a look at our hall, it looks like a pile of rubbish…aih…the scenery is just like the first day we shifted into this house. After that, we clean the storeroom a bit and shift back ALL the stuffs inside….

What a day…with a stupid rat…as my father said, nothing will manage to survive in his hands once he got hold of it…wakaka

That’s all for now…bb^^

No comments:

twitstamp.com