Monday, June 18, 2007

A memorable night


This is the third time I went to a church…
All of my family members are free-thinkers, therefore, going to a church is not what we used to do. However, my mum was a babysitter of two cute little girls aged six and three years old a few years back (my god sisters.. hehe). We keep in touch always and they are Christians. Therefore, we are all invited to a church activity which is to celebrate Parents’ Day.

First of all, we are invited for a dinner once we reached there. There are twenty huge tables with numbers and small pieces of papers on the tables with a list of songs for us to dedicate any song to anyone you like. Then, we lined up for our food, which is like a buffet style and start eating. OMIGOSH…you should have tried it. It was damn delicious. We have fried rice, fried noodles, chicken, fried fish with sauce, HUGE prawns and mushrooms, fish balls, broccoli and many more.

Well, it’s time for the song dedication. My god sister and I each dedicated a song to our parents. She dedicated SHE’s 我 爱 你 (I love you) to her parents and I dedicated Jay’s 听 妈 妈 的 话 (direct translation: listen to mama) to mine. Hehe, the main reason I choose this song is not because of my interest in jay’s songs only. It’s because I burnt Jay’s latest cd for my mum a few months ago and whoa…you should look at how she loves all the songs in that cd. She will bring along the cd wherever she goes, play it in the car, at home, ANYTIME and ANYWHERE!!! Mainly got influenced by me, haha…where as my father, which hated it at the beginning, start to hum along with the song and criticize less about Jay already. He said that Jay’s rock songs keep him awake while he is driving long distance to fetch me because it is too noisy. Wakaka…*humz. Back to the church…the host said: “Maybe Amy wants to be an obedient girl and listen to her mama”. I was like….what??? huhu…so embarrassing…I always listen to what my mum says k…hahaha….I believe that this song will be a special and unforgettable one for my parents and I. (my first time dedicating a song..hehe)

Oh well, after the luxurious meal, we went into the hall to gather and there goes the performance of my god sisters. Both of them are on the stage singing while flapping their hands with a pair of white gloves each. Karina, the elder sister is with her group of children whom are in the same age while Elaine with those smaller ones. You should see how cute they are, singing while flapping their little hands. Some of the children even forgotten their steps and stare at others to catch up. Luckily, both Karina and Elaine did well and no mistakes done. I was so proud of them, they are like my own sisters as I don’t have any younger brother or sister of my own. They were babysitted by my mother since they were 4 months old. I used to feed, play and rock them to sleep everyday. I was almost in tears when I saw them in stage, giving their speech proudly…haha…

After that, there were many more sketches and speeches where all was about our parents, what they had sacrificed for their children and many more. They even give us tips for a harmony family where parents have to learn how to tolerate with their children by using the new method and we, as their children have to play our role and our responsibility too by not blaming your parents for everything that had gone wrong. Haha, really attended a very good lecture and learnt a lot from it. You can see how the Christians appreciate their parents and how they maintain a good relationship between parents and their children.

Anyway, while taking a look at the hall, I saw banners written:

Jehovah Tsidkenu ~ the Lord our righteousness
Jehovah Rohi ~ the Lord is my shepherd
Jehovah Jireh ~ the Lord provides
Jehovah M’kiddish ~ the Lord makes you holy

These are four out of seven of them…well, can anyone tell me what that means? Huhu…took a long time to figure that out but still don’t get it. Is it that there are many gods who have their own responsibility?

Well, I felt a bit guilty too because I had promised siew feng to look for a place and we are suppose to hang out together as today is a Saturday but too bad I have to go to the church. Sorry yea dear…haha…next time lo…but at least my night is not wasted. bb^^

4 comments:

Edgar said...

hai amy.
actually there are many different domination of churches.. but it can be generally divided into two main groups, namely the Roman Catholic Christian (like me) and the Protestants (such as Basel, Baptist Church, Anglican, Orthodox, Methodist, SIB, Jehovah, SDA, Prebysterian etc etc).

The basic belief in Christianity is the same, though some of the practices differs from one church to another. Anyway, Christians worship and believe in only ONE god which consists of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit (also known as the Holy Trinity).

I'm not so sure, maybe the above words are written in Latin or sumting. Heh. Hope that helps XD

Enjoy ur holidays!

FrOz3n Tr3e said...

yea...most of my friends are Roman Catholic Christians too...haha...
anyway, thx lots edgar...
hope u enjoy ur holidays too^^

Anonymous said...

Well, actually, all those names are in Hebrew. As you would've seen, all those names describe the several characteristics of God. There's only one God, but as any other person has many characteristics, so those are a few of them. Just so you know, there are more than seven, hehehe.

FrOz3n Tr3e said...

ook, got it...i understand dy..hehe...didn't know there are sooo many characteristics of God...
k, thx lots chris...>.<

twitstamp.com