Saturday, May 19, 2007

Instant noodles

These few days, especially when the finals are just around the corner, i have a newly-found best friend, which is INSTANT NOODLES!!! muahaha...

I was kinda lazy to go out for lunch in these hot and humid weather. Therefore, i cooked. Hmm, actually not to say REALLY cooked. Everyone in this world knows how to cook a packet of instant noodles, for God's sake. Haha, for people like us who are living in hostels, we do not have a kitchen equipped with gas stoves and cooking utensils. Therefore, what we need to do is just to boil a kettle of water using an electric kettle and pour it into a metal or any bowl that can stand the heat to cook the noodles. Well, of course, before that, you must put the noodles and all the condiments which are provided into the bowl.

The problem is........
WHY are there soooooooo many packets of condiments to add to the noodles nowadays? Well, my brother and I somehow got addicted to the instant noodle named RUSKI which is quite spicy, and we introduce it to our parents whom love spicy stuff too. Then, my whole family got addicted to it already. The last time my parents came to visit me, they brought along 12 packets of RUSKI and 5 packets of mee SEDAP for me to store it until my finals. Okay, here i am eating RUSKI with 3 packets of condiments and mee SEDAP with 5 packets of condiments!!

These packets consists of many different colours. There are red, brown, yellow, and any colour...you name it. Then, they are separated into powders, oil and some kind of thick liquid too. The powder in red which i mentioned just now refers to dried chili, powder in brown refers to some kind of common flavouring in instant noodles while the powder in YELLOW, aih, God knows what powder is that...(maybe drugs to get you addicted to it =P)

My point here is, instant noodles that are quite popular a few years back, such as cintan and maggi mee did not provide sooooo many packets of condiments that makes life difficult for us. Sometimes, especially when i wanted to eat mee SEDAP, it tends to get cold before i even start to eat. This happens because mee SEDAP is the kind of mee goreng which is suppose to be dry. After i poured away the hot water, i still have to pour 3 types of liquids or oil and 2 types of powder and it has to be mixed thoroughly. By the time i finished mixing it, it became cold mee liao...huhu...

For once in my last semester, when i was opening one packet of powder for my RUSKI, i accidentedly flinged the packet too hard until it flew open and spead most of the powder onto my BED SHEET!!! I was too shocked at that time..speechless..fed up, i got my whole bed sheet hand-washed and i still have to continue eating my mee with the powder left and my sarcastic room mate and friends laughed at me...huhu... Pity me...

But the weird thing is, I still love to eat it..wakaka...
Although the more condiments, the tastier the mee will be, but it is still not good for our health, we will never know what are the contents of it and it may cause cancer too. So, friends, don't eat too much k??

wahaha...that's all...bb^^

5 comments:

Raymond T. said...

Wah, how do u use mee and noodle to write such a long post?
I'm very impressed... =P
Sorry to say, but u urself r a very unhealthy person.
Everytime 'ta bao', I wonder what r u doing in ur room...
Amy, eat proper meal lah.
Don't eat mee or 'ta bao' food anymore, or else u won't last until the final. Haha... ^-^
Ok lah, good luck for ur final.
Gambateh!!! =>

Edgar said...

Like what raymond said.
Don't eat too much instant noodles wor. It's not good for your health, hehe.

Wanna sit for exam,
Must tac care of health oso...
Once in a while can lar, but not everyday @.@

Anyway, good luck for your finals.
Chao~

FrOz3n Tr3e said...

thx raymond and edgar for ur concern^^
haha...i will only eat when it is necessary..not everyday..hehe

yea..u all muz take care n gambatte for ur finals too..

ALL THE BEST!!!^^

Anonymous said...

You can really *humz noodles huh. Awesome, ahhaha! =)

FrOz3n Tr3e said...

yeap^^
i not only can *humz noodles...
i can *beez noodles too =P
muahahaha...

twitstamp.com